These dark chocolate brownies are rich, sinful and indulgent: just perfect for any occasion!
While cleaning the fridge, I stumbled upon a forgotten bar of Valrhona chocolate! It woke up my chocolate tooth instantly. I was anyways craving for something chocolate for the past one week. For a chocolate-lover that I am, how could I forget that a bar of premium chocolate is lying neglected in a corner in the fridge? Shame!
I admit, when I started this blog, I was more of a cooking person, rather than baking. But as time progressed, I developed a fondness for baking as well: more so because I have a great oven to do so. A good, spacious oven is a must if you enjoy baking. I am proud of my DeLonghi oven, which I bought from Hong Kong. It gives me perfect baking result each time, unless the recipe itself is wrong!
Back to chocolate. Chocolate brownies are one of my favourite chocolate-based desserts. I make them at home, but I am particular of the chocolate I use. Good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) is a must for the most sinful brownies. I love Valrhona Couverture as it has extra cocoa butter for extra richness. Not that I don’t love other brands, but when it comes to making chocolate brownies, I am partial.
Invest in good-quality chocolate for making unforgettable brownies.
This is the best brownie recipe I have ever tried. For a chocoholic like me, each bite of these dark chocolate brownies is a pleasure in itself. An indulgent brownie, redolent with butter and premium-quality dark chocolate, is like heaven melting in the mouth. My brownies generally have a good amount of nuts in them. These rich, sinful, moist and delicious chocolate brownies are comfortingly fudgy. These just taste great with milk or coffee. Perfect for weekend get-togethers, potlucks, parties, gifting and snacking, these freeze well and are simple to make.
The shiny chocolate-butter mixture.
This is a no-fail, tried-and-tested recipe for the most amazing chocolate brownie fudge ever. Need I say more?
- Good-quality, unsweetened dark chocolate (I used Valrhona Couverture 70%): 100 g
- Salted butter: 50 g
- Eggs: 4
- Caster sugar: 180 g
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour: 50 g
- Almond flour: 40 g
- Preheat the oven to 120 deg C. Lightly grease a 8-inch x 8-inch pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add butter to it. Microwave it for around 1 min, stirring after 30 sec, or until almost all the chocolate has melted. Cool the chocolate-butter mixture at room temperature, stirring the mixture continuously until all the remaining solid chocolate melts. The mixture will get shiny as you stir it.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar until well-mixed and light. Add the rest of dry the ingredients until just combined. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and whisk again, until just combined.
- Transfer this mixture into a greased and lined square bakeware (20 × 20 cm) and bake at 120 deg C for 40 min.
- Cut the fudgy brownies into squares when it is cool enough to handle. These brownies freeze well. Serve with milk or coffee or serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Copyright 2013 Cosmopolitan Currymania. All Rights Reserved.