Hello, beautiful winter morning of January 1, 2015! Today’s morning air is full of happiness, positivity and hope. My first day of this year has begun with good thoughts and attainable resolutions!
Since it is a fresh start to everything, what’s better than giving your loved ones the gift of sound health? For me, it’s the perfect month to start a Detox plan, along with a few lifestyle changes. I have planned out my weekly menu already. I started my New Year morning with a smoothie so healthy and yummy that nothing better would have suited for my early-morning refresher than this.
The year 2014 was a good year for me. I am content that you all loved my blog and appreciated my work. I hope you will continue to visit my blog and find out what’s new whipping up here in this year. As of now, I can assure you that a lot of interesting things are going to come up on my blog!
Here’s the recipe of Morning Green Smoothie. My recipe was first published in the magazine Being Woman in the November 2014 issue.
This month, watch out for a series of detox recipes on Cosmopolitan Currymania. Wish you a healthy and happy 2015!
Morning Green Smoothie
- Green apple: 2
- Kiwi fruit: 4
- Pineapple: 1
- Baby spinach shredded: 10–12 leaves
- Lemongrass: 1
- Cucumber: 2
- Wheatgrass juice: ½ cup
- Pomegranate juice: ½ cup
- Black salt: ¾ tsp
- Warm drinking water: ¼ cup
- Mint leaves: to garnish
- Chop all the fruits. Crush the lemongrass and soak it in the water for 15 min. Squeeze the lemongrass juice into the water. Discard the lemongrass and reserve the liquid.
- Blend all the ingredients together, except the kiwi fruit. At the end, add the kiwi and pulse for 1 minute. Add the pomegranate and wheatgrass juices. Pour-in the lemongrass water and the black salt at the end and stir well.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: