Kids are hungry all the time. Yesterday, they helped me in baking this Vanilla Chocochip Cake. It turned out to be such a fun-filled evening!
Amidst all the fear and uncertainty that Coronavirus brought this year, we are experiencing calm family moments cooking and baking all our family favourites. With whatever ingredients available at home, our meals and snacks are special each time. Most of the time, these meals and snacks are simple, non-fancy dishes. This no-fuss cake is a gem and quite moorish! This Vanilla Chocochip Cake is the perfect cake with your evening coffee or for your kids’ snacks.
Sometimes recipes are legacies passed down, sometimes these are just offshoots of an idea and sometimes these are simple fun-filled family moments spent together in the kitchen in creating something that turns out to be exceptional. It is interesting to observe that how a good recipe becomes a family favourite. I am sharing here such a family-favourite Vanilla Chocochip Cake recipe that is just a breeze to bake!
How to Make Vanilla Chocochip Cake
- 2 ¾ cup All-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 g Unsalted butter (softened, at room temperature)
- 3 Large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1⅓ cup Milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips): flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix lightly with hand and sift well through a sieve, to ensure that there are no lumps. Mix this well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk this mixture with a hand blender until frothy.
- With the dry ingredients (in step 2), incorporate the butter slowly, until the mixture is crumbly. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- On medium speed, add the wet mixture (in two batches) to the crumbly dry mixture, until the batter is aerated well.
- Transfer into two heart-shaped cake tins lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle most of the chocochips.
- Bake at 180C for 50 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Towards the end of baking, very quickly, add a few chocochips on the top of each cake, so that these stay on the top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool in the cake tins for 10 min.
Do you like this Vanilla Chocochip Cake Recipe?
If you make this easy Vanilla Chocochip Cake recipe, then do take a picture and please send me on Instagram @purabinaha or at email@example.com. I would love to see your creation and feature it in my stories! Keep well and stay safe.