Recently, I was invited by Vinod Cookware and Food Bloggers Association of India, along with other Mumbai-based bloggers, to an informal Bloggers Meet at Out of the Blue, Bandra. It was a fun session where we got to understand the role that a cookware plays to make the food healthy. We also got to know about some wonderful cooking utensils manufactured by Vinod Cookware. They are there in the industry since 1963, and Vinod Cookware have cost-effective intelligent cookware that help you to cook healthy.
I am extremely picky when it comes to choosing cooking utensils for my kitchen. The right cooking equipment makes all that difference when it comes to cooking and serving it to your loved ones. Isn’t it true that if you are cooking in a utensil that you are not comfortable with, then it has an impact on the overall dish as well? I can still recall a bad experience a decade back when I bought a pan from a local utensil store. Its bottom was so thin that the food would get burnt in no time! Then I bought a kadhai which was so thick and designed in such a way that although the food wouldn’t burn, it would take ages to cook. Those were the lessons learnt when I was a novice. Now I only invest in cookware that are most suited for my hectic lifestyle.
As I cook a lot and I always prefer to cook healthy, my cooking experience becomes more rewarding when I get a smart cookware that understands my needs. When I cook, the most important point is that the heat should be evenly distributed everywhere. While cooking, for example, I don’t want half of my onions to be pink, while some are golden and the rest are brown! Being in Mumbai, another thing that I always keep in mind while buying cooking utensils is that the cookware has to be “bai-friendly.” My maids should be able to handle these easily and these utensils have to be rough-n-tough, so that they survive the mishandlings by the bai! Vinod cookware satisfies my needs for sure. I am happy that I am a proud owner of the latest range of Vinod cookware now! Cooking is a breeze when I am using Vinod cookware products. It gives me a better quality of life. Consider these lifetime cookware as an investment. I am sure, it will pay off for sure.
Admittedly, till now, I have experimented with different kinds of cookware. In fact, I had one, which I had to throw away after the first use. This was a stainless steel kadhai which, even on gentle heating, would tan badly even from the insides and would look ugly. Stainless steel is something that we Indians love to cook and serve our food in. But the problem is, not all stainless steel products are good. Some even develop cracks after a few months. But good-quality stainless steel is extremely durable and very versatile. They should be dent- and crack-resistant too! Vinod Cookware’s modern-finish stainless steel products are not only pretty, but use the best-quality stainless steel, thereby making the maintenance hassle-free!
When we all talk about making lifestyle changes through exercise, de-stressing and making healthy food choices, do we realise that cooking healthy is also a lifestyle change that we have to adopt? With so many health problems mushrooming up these days, using less fat and oil in cooking is definitely going to help. Foods cooked in their own natural juices are the healthiest, as these retain more nutrients without using any external fat.
Let’s admit it. If you want to stay healthy forever, you must eat homemade food. But cooking that food in a healthy way is another thing. How nice it would be if we get a cooking utensil which doesn’t need a drop of oil or even water to cook amazingly light, healthy and low-fat meals? Vinod Cookware has made it happen. Their sandwich-bottom pressure cooker is great. Their stainless steel utensils are particularly useful as these are induction-friendly and non-reactive too. As I cook a lot of Asian dishes with high acidic content in them, so I avoid aluminium utensils as these react with acidic foods. The stainless steel range of Vinod Cookware understands my need!
Considering the price range, their products are of very good quality. They have an outer-lid pressure cooker in the price range of Rs 2,000–3,000/-. They also have an inner lid pressure cooker that is perfect for the Indian kitchen, as it encourages even heating and keeps the nutrients intact. All the famous stores not only in Mumbai, but across India, keep these products. In Mumbai, you can buy their products from Mahavir Stores and Alfa, among others. You can also buy these products directly from their website.
Do you want to know about their products? They have the following:
- Vinod Cookware products boast of three kinds of excellent-quality pressure cookers: the Stainless-Steel Sandwich Bottom Pressure Cooker, Splendid Pressure Cooker and Splendid Bottom (Handi-Shaped) Pressure Cooker.
- They have stainless steel products, such as Induction-Friendly Milk Pan, Induction-Friendly Two-Tone Saucepan and a cute two-piece Tivoli Set (one of their bestsellers). The Tivoli Saucepot has a tempered glass lid, and you can not only cook in it but serve the food in this.
- Their Hard Anodised Deep Kadai with Lid (size: 3.25 mm), Hard Anodised Tawa (size: 4.25 and 5.25 mm) and Hard Anodised Saucepan with Lid (size: 3.25 mm) are a must for the modern kitchen. The Hard Anodised factor in the Black Pearl range makes their cookware almost 2.4 times harder than steel! It ensures that the food gets even heat while cooking, hence the food gets cooked very fast.
- Do check out their Kraft products, such as Induction Friendly Kraft Hard Anodised Inner Lid Pressure Cooker (curve), the Sandwich Maker and the 2 Pcs Bowl with Stainless Steel Lids each.
- Vinod Cookware’s Zest Non Stick products, such as Deep Frypan with Lid (size: 3 mm), Casserole with Lid (size: 3 mm) and the Frypan (size: 3 mm), fulfil the basic needs of every kitchen.
- The Tri-ply products, such as Saucepot with Stainless Steel Lid, Kadai with Stainless Steel Lid and Saucepan with Stainless Steel Lid are all made up of three layers throughout the cookware (stainless, aluminium and stainless steel). This ensures fast and even heating.
- The Vitohealth products, such as the Vitohealth Frypan, Vitohealth Saucepan and Vitohealth Saucepot are worth investing. These products have thermal-encapsulated bottom with a visual thermometer knob. These products are truly amazing, as you won’t need to add any water or oil to your food while cooking in these pans and pots. Waterless cooking is possible because sufficient amount of water is already present in the produce. Through heating, the condensed steam circulating throughout the food cooks them through. This way of cooking ensures that the essential water-soluble vitamins are preserved to a great extent. There is no need of adding salts since the foods’ own minerals no longer get soaked. Vitohealth products are fabulous, since you are also cooking the food without any need to put oil. So the food is practically fat-free and rich in nutrients. When boiling without fat, the food stews in its own juices, which makes the flavour more concentrated. This is the reason that it not only tastes better, but also stays tender and juicy and still gets deliciously crisp.
- Their Induction Oven is insect-resistant and the Black Pearl range of Vinod Cookware.
- Their Tuscany range of cookware looks superb, and so you can cook and serve in these. Their mirror finish cookware received a big thumbs up from the bloggers.
All in all, Vinod Cookware has great products which make your cooking an experience in itself. Your kitchen will not only look good with state-of-the-art kitchenware, but you will also save time while cooking. If you love eating healthy, try Vinod Cookware.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: